On Course South West will meet you at your starting point, whatever this is. You will be able to learn flexibly around your commitments and you will progress with On Course South West to have impact in your life.
Read more about our values, visions and missions here
We welcome over 1700 new adult learners every year delivering adult training courses. Here’s why……
The Top Ten benefits of learning at On Course South West
1. Small, friendly groups where everyone is aged 19 or above
2. Learning is flexible, rewarding and enjoyable
3. Every learning journey is personalised to your needs – read more about person centred learning here
4. Our learners develop confidence and skills as well as knowledge and this has increased over the past 3 years
5. Courses are FREE to those eligible and extra learning and financial support is a priority for those struggling
6. Our costs offer real value for money, costing half the price of our competitors
7. Our staff are happy, highly trained, well-qualified, enthusiastic and committed to your progress
8. Many of our learners go on to progress in employment, further study or new careers
9. We offer you a high quality service that is regularly scrutinised as part of Plymouth City Council
10. We are up to date and responsive to local economic recovery and local skills needs as part of Plymouth City Council
What our learners say (Learner Satisfaction Survey 2019)
• 100% would recommend their course to others
• 99% would recommend On Course South West
• 99% of learners felt safe learning with On Course South West
• 99% were happy with the standard of teaching
• 100% were happy with the teaching styles used
• 99% were happy with their tutor’s explanations, feedback and pace
• 100% were happy with their tutor’s knowledge
Giving us your feedback
On Course South West has a long-held commitment to the inclusion of learners in its academic activity, business operations and developmental work. Learner engagement is recognised as central to learner satisfaction levels, ultimately creating a rewarding and meaningful learner experience.
Below are the main activities which take place within OCSW to enhance and measure learner engagement and capture feedback:
• Learner Voice activities
• FE Choices Survey
• Targeted Surveys
• Feedback forms
• Course Evaluation Surveys
We will use your comments and suggestions to help us change and improve programmes, as well as to develop new programmes in response to need.
Your feedback is really important to us and you do not have to wait until the end of your course to give us your views. If you have a story to tell, please contact our Learning Services Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01752 660713.
I managed to pass my GCSE, probably one of the oldest learners at age 64. Now I’m looking to get back into learning and hopefully take an A level in maths.”
Studying English Functional Skills, I now have an improved confidence and I can walk around with my head held high.
Helped me find the real me. I now have the confidence and the qualification to find myself a job. Thank you to my tutors who believed in me and pushed me to my limits it sure has paid off.
I have now passed both my functional skills courses and am currently studying for GCSE’s. I must admit it’s much better and I am way more confident.”
Everybody’s really welcoming, and nobody judges you, and you can be who you want to be. It’s just a great way to get going.
Just started the Introduction to Counselling Course & it is excellent!
Really enjoyed the Introduction to Training course. The trainer’s style was creative and engaging. Would recommend to anyone.
I recently attended two of the free workshops and I was amazed how much I learnt, the tutors were very passionate about the craft they were teaching and the fact we all got to bring items home that we made was so wonderful. I would recommend to anybody.
I’ve just received my results and have passed both my GCSE English & Maths. I left school in 1988. Getting the chance to redo them was a great opportunity for me. Such a good feeling to have passed, onwards and upwards for me.