Chief Executive Officer
(£47,570 to £51,395 pa)
Do you have previous experience in strategic and operational leadership and management in adult and community education?
Are you looking for a new and varied challenge?
The Board of On Course South West CIC (OCSW) is looking to recruit a Chief Executive Officer to strategically lead and develop its’ service delivery within the Plymouth area. The Board is looking for an exceptional strategic leader with a proven track record of successfully managing and developing learning within the adult and community education sector. We want to appoint a leader with a talent for business development and entrepreneurship but also one who is not afraid of making difficult decisions to secure a strong and sustainable future for OCSW and its’ community. We expect the successful candidate to be able to demonstrate highly developed leadership skills to bring out the best in our staff and students and to show a passion for outstanding and inclusive education whilst demonstrating significant skills to ensure the future financial sustainability of OCSW.
Your duties will include leading the Company in its strategic development as a fully responsive and integrated adult learning service; leading and managing the OCSW Senior Management Team, providing strategic overview and direction on operational matters; overseeing the successful delivery of core contracts with the ESFA and Local Authority; acting as the Company Lead in the development of all new, full cost recovery contracts with local commercial businesses; implementing the OCSW Business Plan, ensuring the delivery of excellence in teaching and learning, and establishing a business model that is cost effective, viable and sustainable; reviewing the delivery and quality of programmes, products and services in line with Company strategic plans, Ofsted Common Inspection Framework and ESFA funding guidelines; overseeing the management of the organisation’s financial, human and physical resources within annual budget parameters and according to current laws and regulations; ultimately ensuring that the CIC develops and delivers a clearly identifiable product that positions OCSW as the premier provider of entry level qualifications within the local training and employment market place.
Essential experience and skills required:
- Degree/Management Qualification or equivalent, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a senior management position.
- Working knowledge and experience of local and national strategies for Post 16 education, training and employment
- Proven experience of managing a learning organisation with AEB funding
- A thorough understanding of what constitutes outstanding provision in the area of education and training
- Proven ability to effectively manage complex concepts and problems
- Commitment to achieving results against key performance indicators
- A high level of commercial acumen, and ability to develop new business for the company.
- Proven experience of managing operational budgets
- Proven experience of leading and implementing organisational change
- Ability to establish strong and appropriate relationships with Board, volunteers, staff, stakeholders, external agencies and learners.
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this role, please contact John Hamblin, Chair of Board of Directors on 07889 683010.
Closing Date: Friday 15th December 2017 @ 12noon.
Interviews and assessments: Friday 19th January 2018*
*Shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation to interview in week ending 5th January 2018
OCSW is an equal opportunities employer and committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults.
Please send all completed application packs to email@example.com
Could you be our next Tutor?
We are always interested in speaking with experienced tutors who can teach, guide and inspire adults and families of all ages and levels. If you have:
- a passion for improving learning
- a hobby that you think others will be keen to learn
- the skills we need to bring learning to life
- a desire to enable learners to reach their full potential
- the means to build confidence, skills and knowledge
then we would like to hear from you. Interested in finding out more about our courses? Have a passion to become a tutor, or got a question but not sure who to ask? Then get in touch with us on 01750 660713 or email firstname.lastname@example.org We currently need to expand our team in: